Management Accountant - Engineering
|Sector||Accountancy & Finance - Management & Cost Accounting|
|Salary||£38000.00 - £42000.00 per annum|
- Management Accountant
We are delighted to be recruiting for a Management Accountant for an Engineering business based on the outskirts of Christchurch. Reporting to and working closely with the Head of Finance the new position for Management Accountant will have responsibility for:
Preparation of accurate and timely financial and management reports across the Engineering entities, to include:
o Annual Budget and periodic Forecasts
o Monthly management accounts
o Monthly and Quarterly reporting packs in line with company and group requirements
o Financial, commercial and project analysis to support the business
o Annual audit files and statutory accounts
• Overseeing monthly balance sheet reconciliation preparation
• Business partnering with guidance from Head of Finance to ensure key business drivers are understood by the wider business and actions taken to improve business performance
• Involvement in the audit process, delegating tasks as needed to the wider team
• Liaising and working with the Group Finance team as needed to ensure effective and timely resolution of any issues across or between the entities
• Preparation of Corporation tax schedules and VAT returns
• Assisting the Head of Finance with month-end and year-end close processes
• Ensuring transactions are correctly posted within the balance sheet and P&L’s in accordance with the correct accounting treatment and standards
• Implementing effective controls, business performance measures and financial planning
We are seeking a hands on finance professional who is at either late stages of part qualification or a fully qualified accountant with a couple of years experience within management accounting. You will be technically strong, with a high level of both financial and management accounting expertise being essential.
You’ll also offer good analysis skills and the tenacity to get to the answers; be fully conversant with UK GAAP (IFRS knowledge desirable) and be able to quickly adapt to a complex operating environment requiring confidence, communication and business partnering skills.
Candidates will ideally have experience of accounting for long term contracts; of working with stock with have strong / advanced levels of Excel.
Candidates who have worked in the engineering sector are particularly welcomed.
Butler Rose is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Butler Rose Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.