Become a Qualified Bookkeeper
With thousands of small and micro businesses starting up every year, there has never been a better time to become a qualified bookkeeper.
Is this you?
If you’re great with numbers, enjoy problem solving and you’re organised with an eye for detail, bookkeeping could be your perfect career.
Better still, you can specialise in bookkeeping, payroll or computerised accounting – and build your skill-set as you are going along.
Because courses are packed with practical techniques, expert information and skills-based training, they attract people from diverse backgrounds across the globe. For instance:
- Start-ups and SMEs enrol to expand their financial expertise
- People sign up after a career break to gain new skills
- Parents choose a distance learning course to fit study round family life
- School leavers and employees can earn as they learn on an apprenticeship scheme
- IAB qualified members can fast-track their careers by studying for a degree
Whatever your situation, you benefit from free student membership when you register for an IAB qualification – giving you added support and resources.
You can even pick how you study giving you complete flexibility to study when and where you choose.
When it comes to opening up new career paths, IAB qualifications win hands down.
After qualifying, you have lots of options open to you:
- Continue your studies to boost your earning potential
- Become self–employed as a qualified bookkeeper or payroll professional
- Get a job in a local accountancy practice
Of course, it doesn’t stop there. Once on the career ladder, you can go even higher!
Take your career to the next level
Having enjoyed all the privileges student membership offers, you can join the IAB as a professional member – and keep benefitting.
To date, over 10,000 savvy professionals worldwide have done just that and you can too.
From the moment you join, you can:
- Boost your job prospects and higher income potential
- Gain money-saving discounts and privileges
- Access expert career support every step of the way
- Expand your skills through continued professional development
- Elevate your status with recognised letters after your name
Offering a world of exclusive opportunities all geared to growing your career, IAB membership can keep you at the forefront of your industry.
A weight off your shoulders
If you run your own bookkeeping practice where you manage clients’ accounts, you must register for anti-money laundering supervision. The same law applies to a payroll administrator, accountant, auditor, or tax adviser.
Granted authority by Parliament, the IAB supervises members in practice under the Money Laundering Regulations 2007.
This lets you focus on managing your business – without worrying about legal complexities.
On your side all the way
Unparalleled support from the moment you enrol means whatever career path you choose, there’s always someone behind you.
And since IAB qualifications are regulated by Ofqual –the regulator of both general and vocational qualifications in England and vocational qualifications in Northern Ireland – you gain accredited credentials to your name, giving you the recognition you deserve.
Check out the IAB’s website to find out more about different routes you can take to launch or further your career.
Butler Rose is proud to be Corporate Associate Partner to the IAB.